CMSCVA’s Concert Safety Guidelines
2020-2021 Concert Season
Throughout the process of planning this season, our first and foremost objective has been how we can keep our patrons and performers safe while providing live chamber music concerts. After extensive research and planning, we have come up with guidelines for our concerts that are in place to keep everyone as safe as possible.
For our audiences, staff, and volunteers, the following guidelines will be in place:
- All participants must be masked at all times. CMSCVA will provide masks if needed.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use by all in various places around the venue.
- All participants are requested to keep a 6 feet distance from those not in their seating group.
- Programs will be digital and will be scannable by either a QR code or emailed prior to the concert.
- For patrons who prefer a printed program, CMSCVA will be offering them for sale. These programs will be purchased prior to the performance and mailed. The program will cover the entire year. To order your program, please send us an email at www.cmscva.org or call us at 1-804-304-6312.
- The venue will open 20 minutes prior to the concert to allow for socially distanced entrances. Once you have entered, please remain in your seating group until after the concert unless using the restroom.
- Should you fall ill and be unable to attend the concert, we may be able to refund your ticket. Please get in contact with us.
- CMSCVA is planning to record all concerts so that if a patron is unable to attend due to illness, they may still view or listen to the concert.
- All audience members will be seated in pods/groups of either 1, 2 or 4.
- Each pod will be spaced 6 feet apart minimum and patrons must not move these seats or move to a different seat.
- Each guest group will be walked to their pod by a usher.
- All audience members must be masked at all times.
- CMSCVA requests that patrons do not congregate in close proximity before or after the concert at the venue site.
- We are numbering pods and people will be assigned to a specific pod.
All attendees at events produced by the Chamber Music Society of Central Virginia (CMSCVA) acknowledge that at the time of attendance:
1. Attendees have not experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, within the last fourteen (14) days;
2. Attendees have not been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 and have have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, unless in connection with such diagnosis they have cleared as non-contagious by competent medical professionals;
3. Attendees will wear face coverings at all times at CMSCVA events and will participate in measures to effect social distancing.
Notwithstanding the foregoing preventative measures, attendees understand the possibility of exposure to COVID-19 at CMSCVA events, acknowledge it is their responsibility to evaluate their own personal vulnerabilities and to make an informed decision about whether to assume the risk of attendance.